The Mortgage Post Closer/Shipper primary responsibility will include all functions from the loan close forward with a focus on the shipping of the loan package and notes. The Post Closer/Shipper will follow all established policies and procedures of the Mortgage Company and Bank.
Detailed Job Duties
- Review closed loan files prior to shipping for accuracy, completeness, and other contingencies.
- Prepare the loan package and notes for shipping.
- Manages the shipping function and follow-up when the investor does the review.
- Cure all post-closing and suspense items as well as communicate with post closing/insuring departments on status.
- Pulls purchase advices and reconciling.
- Generates and tracks all post close correspondence to include goodbye letter.
- Track’s receipt of first payment due to mortgage.
- Clear all post close conditions as applicable and overall tracking of outstanding post close items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of mortgage experience preferred in a post-closing or closing role.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Experience working in Encompass a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a comfortable with working in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Word and Excel.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.