The Mortgage Quality Control/Compliance Officer is responsible for establishing and monitoring processes, procedures and system controls that reduce risk associated with mortgage fraud, legal and regulatory compliance, technical loan defects relating to investor and agency requirements, and internal Bank policies.
Detailed Job Duties
- Manage controls, to mitigate risks of loan quality defects and legal and regulatory non compliance.
- Document, implement, and monitor quality control processes and procedures for each phase of the origination process, from initial application through post-closing. Provide compliance support via ongoing training for lending employees around these processes and
- Conduct pre-funding loan reviews; identify gaps and deficiencies; submit the results and recommendations to SVP, Compliance; revise processes and procedures as needed to strengthen controls.
- Review and analyze third party post-closing Quality Control
- Perform quality assurance underwriting
- Conduct initial review of the post-closing audit, identify issues and trends, provide written response to the audit findings along with remediation recommendations; submit to SVP Compliance.
- Act as the liaison with investors concerning post-purchase quality control, technical defects, and legal/ regulatory compliance
- Support loan originators with the initial TRID documents and other related
- Assist Compliance Specialist with HMDA validation
- Assist CRA Officer with loan data
- Manage NMLS Licensing for the company.
- Review Advertising and Marketing material for Compliance.
- Manage state licensing and call reporting.
- Assist as needed with state and federal exams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Mortgage Banking Operations and Compliance Strong knowledge of Encompass
- Working knowledge of Agency guidelines.
- Strong systems orientation and analytical skills
- Outstanding knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work well in a team focused environment
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred. Proficient computer skills to include MS Word and Excel.
Dress is business professional environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.