The Controller serves as a key Accounting Officer supporting the Chief Financial Officer in a broad range of accounting duties. Key activities include (but are not limited to) Internal, External and Regulatory Reporting, Daily Accounting Processes, SOX Control Oversight, Interface with Internal and External Auditors and State and Federal Examiners, support of the CEO, CFO, COB and Chairman of the Audit Committee as necessary. The Controller works closely with the entire Finance and Accounting team including backup support as required.
Detailed Job Duties
- Directly responsible for the preparation and/or review of critical financial reporting activities:
- Internal reporting, including monthly board reports and department level budget reports.
- External Reporting-All SEC Reporting (10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, S filings, others as required).
- Regulatory Reporting-All Regulatory Reports (Call Report, Y series, FR2900, others as required).
- Investor Presentations-Support the CFO during periodic investor meetings and/or presentations.
- Directly responsible for the preparation and/or review of key accounting activities:
- Oversee daily operation of accounting, responsible for accounts payable, general ledger, month-end close and financial statement preparation, fixed & prepaid assets, etc.
- Month end close for Bank, mortgage subsidiary & consolidated.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policy guidelines & regulations.
- Review/Analyze: income/expense entries, significant budget variances, analysis of profitability, etc.
- Coordinate information requested from outside auditors and regulatory officials as needed.
- Reconcile key balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Document, implement and maintain key business controls (“SOX Controls”)
- Provide backup and as needed support the CFO on funding and other related matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years prior experience is a key leadership role within an Accounting or Finance Team
- A deep understanding of bank accounting, mortgage banking accounting and/or SEC reporting.
- Outstanding computer skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong Word and PowerPoint skills
- Reporting tools such as Cognos
- Typical Bank accounting systems (BankTel a plus)
A fast-paced, professional office environment with core office hours consistent with Bank standards. Periodic extended work hours will occur during key accounting periods including but not limited to monthly accounting close process, quarterly close and external reporting process, major SEC filing periods (10-Q, 10-K, and proxy) and as other key tasks develop.
Dress is business wear in a professional environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.