The Teller is responsible for providing high quality customer service and daily settlement, principally, for processing deposit accounts and loan transactions, cashing checks, cross-selling bank services and maintaining account records. The teller must follow all established policies and procedures of the bank.
Hours for this position are Monday – Friday 3pm-6pm and alternating Saturdays.
Detailed Job Duties
- While representing the Bank to customers in a courteous and professional manner, provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing transactions while establishing a rapport with clients to ensure they feel welcome in the branch.
- Process client financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Balance daily transactions and cash in accordance with established Bank policy and procedures.
- Answer routine client account inquiries. Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning clients’ accounts.
- Knowledgeable about Trustar Bank products/services to refer clients to the manager or assistant manager for further discussion.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, preparing form letters and billings, completing transaction-generated paperwork and verifying incoming cash shipments.
- Assist with various administrative daily and monthly activities to ensure the branch consistently complies with all Bank policies and procedures as they pertain to the performance of the position to include opening new accounts, teller procedures, security procedures, BSA procedures and Compliance procedures.Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or its equivalent. One-year banking experience in a Teller position is preferred.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and successfully complete teller training. Ability to remain calm and complete more than one task at a time in a fast-paced environment. May stand occasionally.
A high level of interpersonal and verbal skills to represent the Bank in a positive manner in dealing with customer/teller transactions. Good math aptitude and reasoning skills. Knowledge of online teller terminal and office equipment to include calculator, typewriter, computer keyboards. Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to function as an effective team member. Ability to communicate clearly over the telephone and in person.
Continuous daily contact with customers and the public performing recurring tasks. Close daily contact with peers, manager and other bank employees. Work schedules may include evening and Saturday hours.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.