To assist the SVP of Legal and Compliance with compliance reviews, training monitoring, and audit monitoring. This position will also provide compliance support to all areas of the Bank and Mortgage company. The Compliance Officer follows all established policies and procedures of the Bank.
Detailed Job Duties
- Administration and Monitoring of the Bank’s Audit Program
- Keeps management apprised of new legislation and regulations regarding the institution.
- Responsible for oversight of all bank and mortgage company compliance related matters.
- Manages the examination process for all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Submits applicable reports to the Board relating to compliance issues.
- Manages and coordinates the Bank’s internal audit function.
- Conduct Compliance Reviews to include: Consumer Loan Review; Commercial Compliance Loan Review; Flood Insurance Reviews; Escrow Acct Reviews; Regulation CC Reviews; Regulation E Reviews; Truth in Savings Act Reviews; Regulation D Reviews; Advertising Reviews; Adverse Action Reviews.
- Write compliance review reports.
- Assist staff with compliance questions.
- Maintain Policy and Procedures tracking documents.
- Maintain training documentation.
- Assist with training assignments.
- Ongoing compliance training is required for this position.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in relevant field.
- Must have at least ten years direct compliance experience in Banking and experience with lending and deposit regulations.
- Experience working with state and federal regulators required.
- Knowledge of banking operations, laws, and regulations.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independent judgement when to raise potentially sensitive or contentious issues in a timely and constructive manner.
A high level of interpersonal and verbal skills to represent the Bank in a positive manner in dealing with clients and employees. Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to function as an effective team member. Ability to communicate clearly over the telephone and in person.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.