The Credit Analyst is responsible for independently gathering and analyzing business and financial records and other information and documents necessary to assess customer credit and risks in connection with primarily commercial loans. The analyst is responsible for making determinations and recommendations on commercial credit decisions, credit risk, and loan approvals for loans. A credit analyst also conducts risk assessment analysis of various types of loan requests through evaluation of financial statements, industry ratios, market risk, collateral, sensitivity analyses, and projections. The analyst works closely with commercial customers and other bank employees. The analyst follows all established policies and procedures of the Bank.
Detailed Job Duties
- Loan Request:
- Participate in pre-credit discussions, analyze and assist in responding to initial credit requests.
- Due Diligence:
- Develop and perform information needs assessment and identify all documents and information necessary to conduct a thorough credit and risk review and analysis.
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns, and other necessary business records, prepare projections, and perform sensitivity analyses.
- Credit Decision:
- Conduct Credit, financial and industry analysis.
- Structure loans or review and/or recommend structure, terms and pricing for primarily commercial loans.
- Identify and evaluate risks and mitigates and make determination and recommendation of credit risk grade.
- Other Duties:
- Monitor borrowing base/covenant compliance and approve advance requests on Line of Credit.
- Partner with Loan officers to ensure that loan documentation and financial information is properly maintained and collected from customers.
- Order and review property appraisals to properly evaluate collateral value for transactions under consideration.
Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or related field
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years of experience in both commercial and real estate credit analysis
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, loan structuring, legal, compliance and market risk related issues involved in the approval of credit.
- Interpersonal skills
- An ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- An ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.