The Senior Accountant is responsible for various general ledger activities of the Bank. This position will be a member of the accounting/finance team and have exposure to all areas of accounting & finance for the Bank. The Senior Accountant will follow all established policies and procedures of the Bank.
Detailed Job Duties
- Responsible for managing the Accounts Payable system via Banktel.
- Assists with the posting of journal entries and other functions related to the monthly close.
- Serves as the back-up for payroll processing and posts related payroll entries.
- Performs general accounting functions; monitors, reviews and verifies accounting
- records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness, and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Maintains accounting records, reports, and files in an organized manner.
- Assists in posting journal entries and account reconciliations of the G/L.
- Assists with internal and external auditor requests.
- Assist with State and Federal Examiner requests.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assists in the Budget process.
- Assists in development of financial projections and forecasts.
- Development of data reports via core processor report writer (Cognos)
- Preparation of internal financial reports.
- Assigned special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Accounting or other relevant area is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in General Accounting, with at least 1 year experience in Banking.
- Mortgage Industry accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with budgeting & forecasting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills along with the ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.